Terms & Conditions
Please read the following Terms and Conditions before submitting your entry.
Smart Port Challenge (Challenge) is a world-wide call for innovative maritime solutions to be implemented by the maritime corporates in Singapore. The Challenge is organised by PIER71 (Organiser), a joint initiative by the Maritime Port Authority of Singapore (MPA) and National University of Singapore (NUS) through its entrepreneurial arm, NUS Enterprise. It aims to attract the best start-ups all over the world to develop businesses in Singapore, leveraging the vibrancy of the maritime industries in this region.
The following terms and conditions are binding throughout the entire duration of the Challenge. By participating in the Challenge, all participants accept these terms and conditions and agree to abide by them. The Organiser reserves the right to disqualify any participants found to have violated the spirit of the guidelines and terms and conditions stated. The Organiser reserves the right to change these terms at any time. Changes will be reflected here.
- Participants should be business owners able to make a call to steer their business directions. The business he/she owns should be at the seeding stage before series A.
- Interested parties who do not own a business but are close to setting one up are also welcome to participate.
- Participants do not have to be based in Singapore at the point of submission. However physical presence is required when they reach certain points of progress.
- If participants own a business, the company should be:
- Registered for less than 5 years for start-ups and less than 10 years for scale-ups
- Have group annual sales turnover of not more than S$100 million
- Have group employment size of not more than 200 workers.
- Proposals must be submitted before the stipulated deadline.
- All submitted materials will be treated as confidential. Nevertheless, the Organiser reserves the right to share submitted materials with third parties who express interest to fund the participants or adopt the proposed solutions.
- The Organiser may ask for additional info from the participants and reserves the right to disqualify a submission if the submitted info is deemed incomplete or insufficient.
- Participants, if selected, are required to attend selection interviews with the maritime corporates.
- PIER71 Accelerate
- Participants, if selected, shall be required to attend PIER71 Accelerate, and follow the PIER71 Accelerate programme structure designed for various traction profiles.
- Participants may be asked to attend a selection interview.
- Participants of PIER71 Accelerate are expected to share their proposals and progress of their findings with other participants.
- Overseas participants may attend PIER71 Accelerate online.
- Participants need not pay to attend PIER71 Accelerate. Neither shall the Organisers be responsible for any cost or loss incurred by the participants as a result of attending PIER71 Accelerate.
- Grand Final – Prize and Grant
- Participants shall be judged, based on their progress during PIER71 Accelerate, for selection to participate in the Grand Final. The Organiser reserves the right to assess and judge the participants.
- The Organiser reserves the right to judge and award prizes to the participants who are deemed to have the most exemplary solutions for the maritime industry.
- Participants of PIER71 Accelerate are eligible to apply for the MPA grant with quantum up to SGD50,000 per project. Separate terms and conditions will be applicable for the grant.
- Marketing and Promotion
- The Organiser reserves the right to highlight participants in their marketing and communications materials including press releases.
- A marketing toolkit will be provided to participants for their own publicity.
- Participants need to seek the Organiser’s clearance for publications involving the Organiser or the branding of PIER71 outside of the marketing toolkit.
- The Organiser reserves the rights to cease any participant’s involvement and participation in Smart Port Challenge; and also remove all titles and awards accorded to the participant, should the participant be found to have brought disrepute to the Organiser, PIER71 and their related stakeholders or committed unlawful acts.